Ways to improve:
1. Telemedicine and e-health offer low-threshold access to healthcare.
2. Digitization: redundant processes can be avoided, quality increased and costs reduced.
3. The New Work approach makes it easier to retain staff and attract new staff.
4. Digital processes reduce the workload for healthcare staff. Own study in Swiss long-term care 2021: Before the introduction of digital care documentation, the administrative burden in terms of time was 47%, afterwards it was 33.5% (N = 51 Swiss care facilities/ experts).
5. The digital patient record as a win-win situation.